Want to be a member of a family orientated local Sea Sports Club?
Look no further! with 5 active sections, Angling, Diving, Power Boats, Sailing and Social, there is something for everyone at Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club!
Why become a member?
- Allows you to use the club facilities – Non members are not allowed to use the club or buy drinks / food (unless signed in by a member)
- Allows you to take part in section activities – the more you join in the better value the cub becomes
- Take advantage of cheap drinks and great value meals
- Members Draw on Friday night – win up to $1000!
- Electronic Membership card allows you to buy drinks using funds loaded on to the card
- Bring guests into the club (must be signed in)
- Allows you to vote at general meetings
- Ability to use function rooms at reduced or no cost.
- Because its a great place to bring the whole family to enjoy!
How do I become a member?
Becoming a member is fairly straightforward. Its easy if you know existing members to propose and second your application form, but if you don’t know anybody, don’t stress, we’ll help you out.
Simply download the membership form found here – Print and fill out the form – including all details and return to the office – We request that if you know members – ask them to sign the proposer and seconder sections, if you don’t know anybody then ask the staff in the office for more information.
What are the Costs?
Clubs like the Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club have an annual fee that covers the club year and helps to pay for the running of the club. In addition to the annual fee, when first joining the club, you are required to pay a non-refundable nomination fee.
Current 2015 fees are as follows:-
- Nomination fee – $500 – All member types
- Standard Membership: $415 per annum
- the registered member, the nominated partner of the registered member, (i.e. spouse, partner) and any children of the partnership under the age of 18
- Concessional Membership: $249 per annum
- a full time student between the ages of 18 and 25 years
- An Age Pensioner with a valid Australian Pension Card (Senior Citizen)
- A single person (by application in writing to Management Committee)
- a person who resides in a country area (i.e. over 100 kms from the Club)
- Junior Membership: $40.50 per annum
- Anyone under the age of 18 years may join as an individual member in their own right if approved by the Management Committee. They are not entitled to hold office in the Club or vote at any General Meeting or Committee Meeting.
What if I Join Part Way Through the Year?
Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club’s year runs from September to August each year, so if you join in March you will only pay the nomination fee and the equivalent of 5 months membership (pro-rata)
My Child has just turned 18 – Now What?
Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club value their members and families. When a Child of a current financial Member turns 18 years old they have a 2 year grace period to join the club with no nomination fee payable. They only pay the annual fee.
Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club reserve the right to alter Fees and conditions without prior notice. All effort will be made to communicate changes, however we ask that you confirm current fees / conditions / offers with a member of staff.