Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club Power boating section is an active section that has FUN on their boats!
If you are a new boat owner and are looking for a family friendly introduction to boating taking part in section events is a great way to ‘learn the ropes.’ If you are an experienced boat owner, joining in with the section events is a fantastic way of visiting new places and having fun in your boat with a group of like minded people.
The section is made up from mainly trailerable boats from 4.5m up to 8m with some pen boats over these sizes owned by some members of the section. Being mainly trailerable the section can organise trips to many places including destinations too far or not accesible by pen boats.
With a large range of destinations, we have a trip to suit most kind of boats – Trips include:-
- Mandurah Christmas lights – Multi night stayover in accommodation- fantastic weekend for all types of boats
- Rottnest Island – Various Bay – Day trips and overnighter suited to boats with sleeping facilities
- Cockburn Power Boats club – Overnight / Multi-night trip at this great club south of Fremantle suited to all tyes of boats
- Mandurah River cruise – Day trips and overnighters suited to all types of boats
- Swan River trips – Day trips suited to all types of boats
- Fish and Chip run – Ocean or River runs to Fremantle harbour – suitable for all types of boats
- Club Crawls – visiting Swan River clubs – suitable for all types of boats
- Whale Watching – August to November – Suitable for most boats depending on the weather.
The power boat section has around 50 active members with trips such as Mandurah Christmas Light attracting over 50 members.