As the cooler months are upon us things slow down for the power boat section. Our planned event this month is our end of season function on the 25th June. Our theme for the night is “Casino Night”. We have hired two gaming tables, one Roulette and one Black Jack. We play with funny money and gambling chips and have an auction at the end of the night using the winnings from the tables. In July’s Tide there will be photos and a summary of the night.
The last 12 months we have been lucky with the weather and had some fun times during the year. Some of the events we had organized were
- Night out at the Casino
- Club crawls to Fremantle and East Fremantle Sailing Clubs
- Overnight Stay at Riverside resort Yunderup
- River cruises to Peppermint Grove and Shelly Beach
- Christmas lights at Quest Mandurah for two nights
- Weekends at Rottnest
- Easter at Cockburn Power Boat Association Club for two nights
Our Friday night dine-ins have always been a good night out. I’d like to thank all those who purchased raffle tickets and participated in the 100 club to help us raise money for the section over the past 12 months.
I look forward to the weather warming up again and us all getting our boats out on the water.
Safe boating and hope to see you on the water.
RC Power Boat Section